The case Deloitte shows: administrator accounts are in sight
Since end of September the consulting company Deloitte is topic of media coverage, due to a hacker attack (https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/09/26/deloitte_leak_github_and_google/). The hackers entered through an administrator account for the global mail-server, as this one was secured only with a very simple password. The attackers gained access to all stored information like IP-addresses, passwords, strategy-charts, and health information. Further investigation showed that VPN access data were stored on a public GitHub Repository and one employee posted the access data of a company-owned proxy-server on his Google+ site.
Examples like this show how important the protection and the monitoring of administrator accounts and data transfer are.
VISULOX is a security solution for the centralized management of remote accesses of internal and external privileged users (pUser) to the IT-infrastructure. The solution is easy to implement and offers a number of functionalities like:
- Management Desk – centralized management and reporting of users access rights
- 2FA Temporary Access PIN – tokenless two factor authentication enhancement
- Recording – software-based video recording of screen activities
- Cooperation | DUAL CONTROL – remote Collaboration
- Revision – secure (audit-proof) archiving of important and sensitive data
- File Transfer – controlled, documented data transfers with content check
Inform today! contact